วันจันทร์ที่ 25 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2551

Resume Writing Is Not Just A Skill But An Art

Writen by Vikki Mungre

Why do I say this?

Having spent a good last 6 years in the Staffing, Executive Search industry and a solid 20 years prior to that in the Corporate World - I have developed quite a flair for reading resumes. Here are some of the questions that my candidates ask me all the time:

Should I write my resume as per available Templates?

Professionally formatted resumes can make the difference between being employed and remaining unemployed. Resume writers can charge anything between $100 - $500 for a good resume. Templates are available free or better ones from $20 - $50. Remember that the objective of the resume is only to get you an Interview Call.

How many pages should my resume be?

Resumes are like a calling card or a business card. They should be clear, concise and at the same time be able to tickle the curiousity of the hiring manager or the person screening the resumes. Pages should vary depending on the role and experience of the candidate. eg. An Entry level position might warrant a 2 page version whereas a Vice President's resume might be as long as 4-6 pages.

Should I type my resume or hand write it?

Most resumes that I come across, are neatly typed and sent by emails. Hardly does anyone request hard copies of resumes, unless you are applying for a job with a private mom and pop kind of organization. Gone are the days of the hand written organization.

Do I modify my resume as per the role I am applying for?

Most certainly! You need not lie and mis-represent yourself in anyway. You may highlight certain components of your resume depending on the role requirement and your actual experience.

May I use colored paper for my resume?

I do not recommend it. Maybe in a certain industry like Fashion, Entertainment, etc it may work. Which means that I do not support colored fonts as well, since email is being used predominantly.

Vikki Mungre

The Immigrant Coach

Vikki Mungre is better known as The Immigrant Coach by those he has helped, not only in their careers, but in their lives. He is passionate about helping people succeed, especially Immigrants from across the world.

A seasoned Management professional with over 20 years of extensive international experience in diverse industries like Logistics, Office Automation, Hospitality, Car rentals, Retail and Staffing. Specific areas he likes and enjoys working with are Success Coaching, Career Counseling, Motivation and Recruitment.

On the personal front – he loves to spend time with his family and whatever is left, he likes investing in reading/listening to self development literature written by the likes of Deepak Chopra, Brian Tracy, Tony Robbins, Zig Ziglar, Harv Eker, etc.

Vikki Mungre Immigrant Coach

http://www.thelifeiwanttolive.com http://www.vikkimungre.com http://www.immigrantcoach.com

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: